The Customer Service Representative under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager is responsible for several tasks pertaining to customer service abd the general operation of the office. Primary responsibilities include answering the phone, communicating with customers, and utilizing the MRP system to perform essential functions. Secondary responsibilities include clerical work such as data entry, filing, various administrative assistant tasks, and other responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Contact and respond to customers on all business matters such as order confirmations and status, payment collections, complaint resolution, and production plans
- Enter new customer orders into the MRP system
- Distribute order documentation to shipping and production
- Prepare shipping labels
- Run or create and distribute reports such as customer sales, accounts payables aging, and weekly order reports for key customers
- Maintain customer-specific documentation such as price lists
- Maintain and utilize various spreadsheet tools
- Create new bills of material and enter into the system
- Create certificates of compliance for customers
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Greet visitors and maintain the visitor log
- Perform various administrative tasks for management
- Assume extra duties as needed when key personnel such as the Office Manager and Customer Service Manager are out of the office
- Complete out of office errands (bank runs, parts pickups, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
The Customer Service Representative is an entry to mid-level position requiring intermediate skills in the MS Office suite of programs, experience with and ability to learn new MRP software, and an excellent customer service presence. The person must be presentable, very frindly in person, and well spoken over the phone. High school degree is required, some college coursework preferred. A positive attitude, excellent follow-up and organizational skills, the ability to work under pressure, and the willingness to learn more and grow are critical hiring factors. The right candidate should be good at basic arithmetic and must have intermediate Microsoft Excel skills in order to perform the required responsibilities. Candidates with more experience will receive preference, but acumen, ability, and attitude are the most sought after attributes for this position. High school diploma required.