The Beadery (formerly Greene Plastics Corporation), a Toner Plastics company, is an injection molding manufacturer and the oldest manufacturer of plastic craft beads in the United States. Our factory in Hope Valley, RI has remained open throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and is currently adhering to all government required safety protocols for our employees. Please check out our website to see how we have been doing our part to help our community during this unprecedented time.
Our company has been growing tremendously and has a lot of opportunity for advancement. We’re a “promote from within” organization that looks for smart people with a good work history, few gaps in employment, reliable transportation, and a strong work ethic.
We have three manufacturing sites in New England and one in Florida, so there are great opportunities for corporate advancement as well.
PLANT CONTROLLER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Plant Controller is the senior accounting person for the business, reports to the General Manager and is responsible for performing all essential accounting and financial reporting tasks. The Plant Controller is the second most senior manager in the business and contributes to the health and growth of the business operationally as well.
Financial & Accounting Responsibilities
- Responsible for monthly financial reporting including the income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flow, and all associated schedules
- Executes the month-end closing process
- Manages the payroll process
- Develops the annual budget
MRP Software Responsibilities
- MRP and financial accounting software management
- Ability to design custom financial reports to streamline accounting, reporting and decision-making processes
- Capable of leading and implementing an MRP and financial accounting system upgrade
- Manufacturing experience is required; plastics manufacturing experience preferred
- Serves as second in command of the manufacturing operation under the General Manager; capable of making operational recommendations and decisions
- Experience managing inventory control functions such as cycle count programs, full tag physical inventories, and implementing controls
Project Management Responsibilities
- Effective project manager even for non-financial related projects
- Cable of leading team members within the business and at sister companies too
- Identifies, leads, and implement financial and operational projects which may include the management of external resources such as contractors, consultants, customers, or suppliers
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in financial reporting and business management
- Experience with MRP and financial accounting software is required; Syspro experience preferred
- Successful track record of staff management and leadership